Saturday, August 26, 2006

Weekly synopsis of your views and comments!!

Weekly round up 26th August 2006. Saturday.


*** interesting blog thanks for the links.
I didnot know about the Indian policy guess we got something right!
Anil

Well now you know !


***
...How did you come up with this idea, its cool but its gonna take a big effort!
Kush Malhotra
via email.

I was talking to a friend (hey Diana!) of mine who felt it was essential to educate people about biotech. If we intend to make a global difference, then people must be aware. The level of awareness about biotechnology as a field amongst the lay people or those who weren't involved in any biological sciences that I talked to, was shocking. Most expected me to be some sort of genetic manipulator who worked in a lab to screw over the world. The perception has to change. Hence the blog!


***
Have you watched corporate the bhandarkar movie...
anon

No I haven't. I have heard that it is about the cola-wars. I'll try to catch it, thanks for the heads up!


*** ...
Do you think pepsi or coke should be banned?
Max

Banning a drink would not provide a lasting answer to our already tarnished ecosystem. The solution must be long-term and complete. Yes, if the soft drinks have been found to violate prescribed norms, then they must be prosecuted. But thanks to murky politics this too cannot be substantiated without a doubt. Now the govt. says that the earlier CSE report is incorrect!


*** the articles they are nice...the cola contro is old news made new , nobody cares, okay i admit some people do , but still. africa and cheap drugs, gets a big smile, stoopid money making tactics should not be used where there is so much need...but the nicest one was the smoking pill one , short & sweet .
Ketaki Kumta
via email

Thank you so much. Finally an articulate assessment! I only play second fiddle to general media so I tried to put forth a biotech oriented point of view in the pepsi story, that hadn't been explored.


*** ... Man, you should write propoganda...are you up for it. I liked your personal blog...
Amon Goth
via email

huh!!!! whatever gave you that idea!! Your pseudonym ( Ralf Fiennes' Character from Schindler's list, the most hated anti-semitic villian, nice touch!) suggests your intent in asking me this question. No I do not write propoganda!!


And yes, my first hate mail...I am so damn proud!!.

***this is a stupid idea. Nobody gives a shit about biotech or colas. Look for something else to write about....moron...what were you thinking? You got way too much time on your hands!
Crazy Eddie
via email

If you think biotech doesn't matter you must be delusional. If you don't want to read about it, move on to the next frickin blog!! Zubair is that you???


I cannot believe that so many people took the time to write their feedbacks.
Thank you for your two-bit on my blog and taking the time to let me know what you think! I appreciate it, THANKS A MIL!!
And do keep writing.

If you do not want your mails to be featured let me know.